Studio Cycle Instructor
No previous qualifications or requirements are needed
Indoor cycling (commonly known as spinning) is a group exercise class that takes place on a stationary indoor bike and focuses on endurance, strength, interval and high intensity training, as well as cycling race simulations and recovery. It is becoming increasingly popular as a preferred method of training and the demand for spinning instructors, as a result, is very high.
Level 1 of this course will provide you with all the knowledge and tools you need to work as an effective Studio Cycle Instructor.
Level 2 of the course is a “Back to Basics” reminder of level 1 for those who need it. It also goes into more detail regarding communication, instructor etiquette, music do’s and don’ts and safety tips.
Combine both levels and become the best studio cycle instructor you can be!
- Introduction to indoor cycling
- Benefits of indoor cycling
- Training principles and indoor cycling
- The physiology of cycling
- The stationary bike
- The biomechanics of cycling
- The core and cycling
- Types of aerobic endurance workouts
- Cycling profiles and body positions
- Music Selection
- Class design
- Coaching Skills
- General guidelines for management of injuries
Level 1: 8 REPSSA Endorsed CPD Points
Level 2: 2 REPSSA Endorsed CPD Points
- Work as a studio cycle instructor for commercial gyms and studios
- Work as an independent indoor cycle instructor