Essentials of Nutrition is a pre-requisite for this course.
The correct eating regimen can go a long way to enhance a physical training programme and help towards improving overall sports performance. No matter how hard we train, it is what we put into our bodies that will determine what we get out. Proper nutrition is paramount in achieving our goals.
This sports nutrition course is designed to provide clear, simple and accurate facts based on the scientific principles of sports nutrition necessary to promote optimal health and performance in active sports individuals.
On completion of this course, you should have a good understanding of specific sports nutrition, and possess adequate knowledge to make informed decisions in order to provide clients with basic sports nutrition advice and dietary guidelines that will enhance general health and sports performance. It explores the energy needs for various athletes, looks at pre-event nutrition, nutrition for recovery, key vitamins and minerals for athletes and popular dietary supplements.
You can also register for a combined Essentials of Nutrition AND sports nutrition at a discounted price.
*Note: This course lays the foundation for useful advice, but does not allow you to prescribe diet plans or practice as a dietician.
ESSENTIALS OF NUTRITION
- • Energy balance
• Digestion, Absorption, Transport & Excretion of nutrients
• Nutrition through the life cycle
• Behaviour Modification
• Healthy eating
• Weight management
• Metabolic syndrome
• Food Allergy, Intolerance and sensitivity
• Eating disorders
• Guidelines for healthy eating (including plate model and teaching tools, food labels etc.)
• Healthy eating for healthy infants and toddlers
• Nutrition for children & adolescents
• Nutrition in the Adult years
• Nutrition in the Elderly and Counselling for Change
• Male and Female Menopause and anti-aging
- Eating for top performance
- Energy balance and body composition in sports and exercise
- Determining the athletes energy needs
- Carbohydrate needs for exercise and sport
- Protein needs for exercise and sport
- Fat requirements for health and performance
- key vitamins and minerals for athletes
- Fluids and hydration
- Pre- event fueling
- Recovery nutrition
- Making weight targets in weight driven sports
- Fueling weight gain for strength and power sports
- Popular dietary supplements/ergogenic aids
Sports Nutrition: 6 REPSSA Endorsed CPD points
Essentials + Sports Nutrition: 12 REPSSA Endorsed CPD points
- Make informed decisions when providing dietary advice to athletes
- Apply the knowledge in your own training regimen
- Ideal for any individual wishing to learn more about nutrition in relation to sports performance
- Include the importance of nutrition and healthy eating in your discussions with clients to help them get better results and prove your worth as an effective trainer
- Incorporate tips into your family eating regime for better health