Vegetarian Sports Nutrition
Payment Terms Available
Whichever way you chose to study, you’ll graduate with the skills and confidence to start and build a successful business or professional career with HFPA.
- Study fully online and at your convenience
- Access to our professional practical videos & resources
- Access to an online tutor that assists you throughout the duration of your course.
No previous qualifications or requirements are needed
Gain the vegetarian advantage! Vegetarian meal plans have been used successfully in everything from bodybuilding to endurance sports. Every day more and more athletes (even those who are not full-time vegetarians) incorporate a plant-based diet when training or recovering from competition.
Relying on the recent evidence-based research, Vegetarian Sports Nutrition details performance and health benefits, including enhanced muscle recovery and optimal bone health. With tailored meal plans and training strategies, you will learn to make smart nutritional decisions and properly fuel your body throughout your training regimen.
This comprehensive resource simplifies the process of determining your energy, protein, vitamin, and mineral needs and monitoring carbohydrate and fat intake. You’ll learn how to optimize a vegetarian diet for peak performance across all sports.
Whether you are a dedicated vegetarian looking to add variety to your diet or an athlete searching for a competitive edge, Vegetarian Sports Nutrition will help you improve your health and performance!
The learner will gain access to online lessons which provides insight on the topics covered in each of the chapters.
There is a final multiple choice questionnaire which needs to be passed with a minimum of 70% for certification. The lessons need to be completed as preparation for this final assessment.
This course is included in our Nutrition Advisor Bundle course which offers you 4 of our excellent nutrition-based courses at a reduced rate.
This course is completed using the HFPA Online Learning Platform. The course material includes a downloadable Human Kinetics textbook (e-book), tutorials, a study guide and assessments.
If you would prefer a hard copy textbooks, they are available upon request (additional courier charges will apply). Please request your hard copy upon registration.
- Chapter 1: Gaining the Plant-Based Advantage
- Chapter 2: Getting Adequate Calories from Plant Sources
- Chapter 3: Finding the Right Carbohydrate Mix
- Chapter 4: Choosing Smart Fat Over No Fat
- Chapter 5: Building Muscle Without Meat
- Chapter 6: Optimising Bone Health
- Chapter 7: Boosting Iron Intake and Absorption
- Chapter 8: Breaking Free of Multivitamin Dependence
- Chapter 9: Prioritising foods and fluids Before, During, and After Events
- Chapter 10: Choosing Whether to Supplement
- Chapter 11: Reducing Muscle Cramps and Inflammation
- Chapter 12: Creating a Customised Meal Plan
- Chapter 13: Adapting the Plan to Manage Weight
- Chapter 14: Whipping Up Quick Vegetarian Meals and Snacks
- Chapter 15: Recipes
5 REPSSA endorsed CPD points
- Enhance your scope of practice to include vegetarian sports nutrition