National Certificate in Sports Management
Study fully online.
Payment Terms Available
Attend full-time classes.
Payment Terms Available
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate
Note: If you do not hold a level 4 NQF then apply to study our Sports Administration NQF 4 Course. Successfully completing this will provide you access to our National Certificate NQF 5 programmes and a pathway into more advanced programmes and further opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR 11 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN IS NOT APPLICABLE TO OUR ONLINE STUDY MODE
The National Certificate in Sports Management course aims to provide students with the ability to promote principles of good management in sports organisation and structures, including, but are not limited to customer care, finance, risk management, event and facility management and effective communication within the business environment.
Through a balance of theory, practical and work integrated learning, students are able to develop a variety of skills that prepares them to work in the field of sport management. In association with a variety of Sport Unions, Sports Companies and Schools, students will have access to the working environment, where they will be able to enhance their practical skills set within this course.
SPORTS MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES & PROCESSES
- Manage the Business Components of a Sport Organisation
- Establish Sustainable Organisational Structures for Sport
- Explain the Role of Governance Structures in Sport
- Conduct Communication Within a Business Environment | Utilise Personal
- Development Training for Personal Growth
- Care for Customers
- Facilitate Learning
- Using a Variety of Given Methodologies
HUMAN RESOURCE & DIVERSITY MANAGEMENT
- Promote an understanding of diversity and equity in sport and fitness organisations
- Manage Participants with Disabilities in Sport
- Support Sport or Fitness Participation for People Living with HIV/AIDS
- Develop and Implement Team Ethical Behaviour and discipline
- Manage Volunteers in Sport
SPORT MARKETING & EVENT MANAGEMENT
- Explain the principles of physical activity in the context of sport or fitness
- Apply principles of marketing to sport
- Organise and administer a sport tournament
- Plan a sport tournament
- Create, maintain and update record keeping systems
- Manage project finances
SPORT FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and maintain health, safety and security
- Manage a sport or recreation facility
NQF Level: 5
Course Credits: 127
SETA accredited Full Qualification (CathsSeta)
Recognised and registered with REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa). REPSSA is part of ICREPS (International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals)
- Athlete representative
- Team manager assistant
- School level team manager
- Club manager assistant
- Events team member
- Gym manager assistant
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.