Course Overview for the Sports Nutrition
The correct eating regimen can go a long way to enhance a physical training programme and help towards improving overall sports performance. This course has been designed to provide fitness professionals with a basic understanding of sports nutrition concepts. It explores the energy needs for various athletes, looks at pre-event nutrition, nutrition for recovery, key vitamins and minerals for athletes and popular dietary supplements.
This course includes Essentials of Nutrition. Visit the course page for more info.
*Note: This course lays the foundation for useful advice, but does not allow you to prescribe diet plans or practice as a dietician.
Why you should study this course:
- Designed to provide fitness professionals with a basic understanding of sports nutrition concepts
- Includes a special section on supplements
- Lay the foundation for good nutrition, optimal health and the prevention of diseaseUseful for your own personal use, and to provide advice for others as a fitness or health professional
- Course content includes information on healthy eating for infants, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly.
Offered at the following campuses:
Career paths you can follow:
Career Opportunities for the Sports Nutrition
- Make informed decisions when providing dietary advice to athletes
- Apply the knowledge in your own training regimen
- Ideal for any individual wishing to learn more about nutrition in relation to sports performance
Career Paths to Follow
Accreditations for the Sports Nutrition
- REPSSA CPD Points: 12
The Sports Nutrition is offered at the following training centres: