Essentials of Nutrition
Course Overview for the Essentials of Nutrition
This course is ideal for all those with an interest in nutrition, and also for fitness professionals who can provide general advice to clients to help reach their performance targets or protect their health.
*Note: This course lays the foundation for useful advice, but does not allow you to prescribe diet plans or practice as a dietician
This course can be done alone, but is also packaged together with either Sports Nutrition or Weight Management Coach. Visit the relevant course page to register for those courses OR consider our Nutrition Advisor course which includes all three courses as well as Vegetarian Sports Nutrition.
No previous qualifications or requirements are needed
Why you should study this course:
- Lay the foundation for good nutrition, optimal health and the prevention of disease
- Useful for your own personal use, and to provide advice for others as a fitness or health professional
- Course contents include information on healthy eating for infants, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly.
Offered at the following campuses:
Career paths you can follow:
Career Opportunities for the Essentials of Nutrition
- Include the importance of nutrition and healthy eating in your discussions with clients to help them get better results and prove your worth as an effective trainer
- Incorporate tips into your family eating regime for better health
Career Paths to Follow
Accreditations for the Essentials of Nutrition
- REPSSA CPD Points: 6
The Essentials of Nutrition is offered at the following training centres: