Essentials of Nutrition
No previous qualifications or requirements are needed.
This course is ideal for all those with an interest in nutrition, and also for fitness professionals who can provide general advice to clients to help reach their performance targets or protect their health.
*Note: This course lays the foundation for useful advice, but does not allow you to prescribe diet plans or practice as a dietician
This course can be done alone, but is also packaged together with Sports Nutrition. Visit the course page to register OR consider our Nutrition Advisor course which includes all three courses as well as Vegetarian Sports Nutrition.
• Energy balance
• Digestion, Absorption, Transport & Excretion of nutrients
• Nutrition through the life cycle
• Behaviour Modification
• Healthy eating
• Weight management
• Metabolic syndrome
• Food Allergy, Intolerance and sensitivity
• Eating disorders
• Guidelines for healthy eating (including plate model and teaching tools, food labels etc.)
• Healthy eating for healthy infants and toddlers
• Nutrition for children & adolescents
• Nutrition in the Adult years
• Nutrition in the Elderly and Counselling for Change
• Male and Female Menopause and anti-aging
6 REPSSA Endorsed CPD points
- Include the importance of nutrition and healthy eating in your discussions with clients to help them get better results and prove your worth as an effective trainer
- Incorporate tips into your family eating regime for better health