Course Overview for the Power Yoga for Sports
There are many definitions of yoga. At a physical level, the functions of various organs, muscles and nerves need to be harmonised, so they do not cause any conflict amongst each other in the body. Disharmony within the body can cause insufficiency often resulting in illness. From the above, yoga can be defined as a physical harmony, health and mental balance of peace. Yoga offers your body superb health and mental stability. All athletes have different needs compared to that of a general yoga practitioner. Gwen Lawrence’s book Teaching Power Yoga for Sports, focuses on balance within the athletes body, optimising performance and the importance of injury prevention.
You will ultimately learn how to take athletes to the next level through:
- Functional strength moves
- How to improve flexibility and ROM
- Mental toughness
The outcome of this course is to educate Power Yoga for Sports teachers to design yoga programmes that can be used alongside their athletes current training regime, in order to assist athletes reach peak performance.
If you hold a fitness qualification or exercise science qualification you will:
- Receive a certificate of achievement
- Be able to use this qualification to train clients
If you do not hold a fitness qualification or exercise science qualification you will:
- Receive a certificate of attendance
- Not be able to use this qualification to train clients
Why you should study this course:
- Design yoga programmes for athletes
- Enhance your skillset to help your clients enhance their athletic careers