Course Overview for the Advanced Certificate in Exercise Science
- The Advanced Certificate in Exercise Science (NQF 6) is a Higher education qualification which covers Advanced Personal Training and Sports Conditioning.
- It focuses on special population groups meaning you will be able to work with a referral team of doctors, physiotherapists, biokineticists, dieticians and sport scientists, with clients who have particular physical needs and goals. These include people with cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, immunological, neurological and metabolic conditions, as well as pregnancy, the youth and the elderly
- The Advanced Certificate in Exercise Science (ACES) is a highly sought after, internationally portable, Higher Education qualification that follows on from the Higher Certificate in Exercise Science (which is a prerequisite)
- Become a Respected Fitness Professional of the highest caliber with our Higher Education qualifications
- Graduates enter the workplace as multi-skilled Fitness Professionals with a broad base of expertise
- Work internationally in Fitness, Sport or Recreation environments, or start your own business
- ADDED VALUE! Include all of this for free!
- Distance Programme: Injury Prevention | Functional Training
- Full-Time Programme: Injury Prevention | Posture Specialist
MODES OF DELIVERY
Distance with workshops (workshop programmes commence in February & July)
- 7 x Workshops offered on Saturdays 09h00 – 12h30 (as per the Workshop Calendar)
- Workshop Venues: Johannesburg (Rivonia, Bedfordview), Cape Town, Durban
- Workshops are optional – Students receive a workshops itinerary and can choose which workshops they would like to attend. We recommend that all are attended as students gain much benefit
- Study from anywhere
Full Time (weekday programme) (commences annually in February)
- Offered over an academic year
- Monday to Thursday 09h00 – 12h30, Lectures & Workshops
- Campuses: Johannesburg (Rivonia), Cape Town
- Perfect for school leavers and those that don’t have weekday commitments
Higher Certificate in Exercise Science (NQF 5 or equivalent)
Note: If you do not hold a level 4 NQF then apply to study our Fitness Instructor Certificate NQF 4. Successfully completing this will provide you access to the Higher Certificate NQF 5 programme and a pathway into more advanced programmes and further opportunities.
Why you should study this course:
- Covers all aspects of advanced training including special population groups who have particular physical needs and goals. You will also receive advanced training in sports conditioning, enabling you to take on professional athletes.
- Can provide access for students wishing to enter any Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, at NQF Level 7.