Training for Elderly
Payment Terms Available
Whichever way you chose to study, you’ll graduate with the skills and confidence to start and build a successful business or professional career with HFPA.
- Study fully online and at your convenience
- Access to our professional practical videos & resources
- Access to an online tutor that assists you throughout the duration of your course.
No previous requirements or qualifications are needed for this course
You will need:
- Computer, Internet, Manual (to be printed off of website), stationery
- Small equipment (arc or bosu, band, mat, 65cm ball, box or bench, tone loop, raised surface, chair or cube)
This course covers the fundamentals of training the elderly. We look at:
- What their challenges would be, what the precautions are when training them and what the objectives for their programmes should be
- Watch as we teach an elderly lady by modifying and assisting numerous exercises
- Learn what their restrictions are and how you can design a programme for them and therefore improve their overall wellbeing.
There needs to be a greater focus on understanding what they are capable of doing and what would be contraindicated for them during movement and exercise.
- Their needs
- Possible injuries or pathology
- Goals for their program
- Precautions to avoid injury
- The exercise program
|3 REPSSA Points||1 UAE REP Points||0.10 ACE CEC Points||3 HPCSA Points|
- Add training the elderly to your scope of practice
- Teach the Elderly with various precautions in mind
You may also like…