Training for Elderly
This course covers the fundamentals of training the elderly. We look at:
- What their challenges would be, what the precautions are when training them and what the objectives for their programmes should be
- Watch as we teach an elderly lady by modifying and assisting numerous exercises
- Learn what their restrictions are and how you can design a programme for them and therefore improve their overall wellbeing.
There needs to be a greater focus on understanding what they are capable of doing and what would be contraindicated for them during movement and exercise.
- Their needs
- Possible injuries or pathology
- Goals for their program
- Precautions to avoid injury
- The exercise program
|3 REPSSA Points||1 UAE REP Points||0.10 ACE CEC Points||3 HPCSA Points|
- Add training the elderly to your scope of practice
- Teach the Elderly with various precautions in mind
No previous requirements or qualifications are needed for this course
You will need:
- Computer, Internet, Manual (to be printed off of website), stationery
- Small equipment (arc or bosu, band, mat, 65cm ball, box or bench, tone loop, raised surface, chair or cube)
No products were found matching your selection.