The Why Behind Compensations
Payment Terms Available
Whichever way you chose to study, you’ll graduate with the skills and confidence to start and build a successful business or professional career with HFPA.
- Study fully online and at your convenience
- Access to our professional practical videos & resources
- Access to an online tutor that assists you throughout the duration of your course.
No requirements or previous qualifications needed
The body is an amazing tool, as it has the ability to always find the easier route in movement with minimum effort or thought. We have our own built in ‘Garmin’ that enables us to move involuntarily on a daily basis.
However, this involuntary mechanism malfunctions more often than not due to inefficient muscular patterns. This is when compensations occur during movement which invariably leads to postural deviations, injuries and degeneration.
In this course, we take an intricate look at muscles that commonly dominate movements or positions and how to inhibit these dominations. Ultimately, we want balanced muscular development for posture improvement and injury prevention. The client will be able to correct these compensatory patterns once they have an awareness as well as the knowledge on how to avoid or improve their compensations.
- Common cheats
- Exercise design – for clients with eccentric glutes
- Exercise design – for clients with concentric glutes
- Hip flexors vs Back extensors
- Exercise design – for clients with eccentric hip flexors
- Exercise design – for clients with concentric hip flexors
- Exercise design – for clients with eccentric thoracic back extensors
- Exercise design – for clients with concentric thoracic back extensors
- Common compensations
|3 REPSSA Points||2 UAE REP Points||0.20 ACE CEC Points||1.5 REPSNZ Points||3 HPCSA Points|
Increase your scope of practice by learning to assess and diagnose the reason for compensations as well as how to correct it on a client specific basis.