National Diploma in Fitness
BECOME AN ADVANCED PERSONAL TRAINER!
SIGN UP NOW FOR OUR EARLY BIRD SPECIAL!
A full qualification which qualifies you to work internationally as an Advanced Personal Trainer.
If you have already completed the National Certificate in Fitness, you can register for the National Diploma in Fitness Year 2 Only here.
3 Month Payment Terms
• Course fee: R42 500 per annum (Deposit R14 450 + 2 x Monthly Instalments of R14 025)
11 Month Payment Terms
• Course fee: R46 750 per annum (Deposit R8 500 + 10 x Monthly Instalments of R3 825)
Please Note: You will be taken through to Checkout but you are not required to pay immediately. Proceed to Checkout and Pay Later by EFT.
- Distance Learning (includes Workshops)
- Full-Time (Weekday Lectures, Workshops and work integrated learning (WIL)
ADDITIONAL COURSES INCLUDED FOR FREE WITH NDIF – ADDED VALUE!Note: These online added value courses are optional and can be completed in your own time. They are not required in order to achieve the main qualification (NDIF).
Course Commencement dates for 2022
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN FITNESS
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
- The Skeletal and Muscular System
- The Respiratory and Cardiovascular systems
- Energy Systems
ASSESSMENT AND PROGRAMMING
- Screening & Testing
- Muscle Strength, Endurance and Power
- Periodisation and Programming
- Sports Conditioning
- Define stress
- Symptoms of and physiological responses to stress
- Coping with stress
- Personality types and stress
- Exercise and stress
- The Fitness Industry
SAFETY AND RISK MANAGEMENT
- Basic legal terminology applicable to the fitness industry
- Define professionalism
- Legal responsibilities of the fitness professional
NUTRITION & WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
- Food groups
- Food labelling
- Training in Different Environments
- Sport Specific Training
NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN FITNESS
SPECIAL POPULATIONS – PREGNANCY & EXERCISE
Learn to train pregnant women safely
SPECIAL POPULATIONS – CHILDREN, YOUTH & EXERCISE
Learn to train young children and youth safely
SPECIAL POPULATIONS – OLDER ADULTS
Learn to train older adults safely
- Periodisation and Programming
Training principles and methods of developing sports conditioning programmes
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Understanding your own, and others, intra-personal dynamics
PRACTICAL TRAINING & EXPERIENTIAL LEARNINGINCLUDES:
Comprehensive, hands-on, practical tuition offered nationally from HFPA campuses and support centres. Practical Training is also catered for on the HFPA Online Learning Platform.
- SAQA Registered Full Qualification
- NQF level 5
- Full National Diploma Qualification (CATHSSETA)
- Recognised and registered with REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa). REPSSA is part of ICREPS (International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals) The NDIF qualification is internationally portable enabling graduates to work anywhere in the world.
- Work internationally in a number of sport and fitness environments including health clubs, sport and recreation facilities
- Work in association with a referral team of doctors, physiotherapists, biokineticists, dieticians and sport scientists.
- Start your own fitness business