Get 3 amazing courses in one!!
A comprehensive qualification in personal training which includes fitness principles, injury prevention and programme design
Enhance physical training programmes with the right nutrition!
Our weight Management course is developed by a Registered Dietitian with 15 years experience in private practice
Grade 12 National Senior Certificate.
If you do not hold a level 4 NQF you can apply to study our Fitness Instructor Certificate NQF 4. Successfully completing this will provide you access to our NQF 5 programmes and a pathway into more advanced programmes and further opportunities.
3 Month Payment Terms
• Course fee: R7,500 (Deposit R2 550 + 2 x Monthly Instalments of R2 475)
6 Month Payment Terms
• Course fee: R8 250 (Deposit R1 500 + 5 x Monthly Instalments of R1 350)
Please Note: You will be taken through to Checkout but you are not required to pay immediately. Proceed to Checkout and Pay Later by EFT.
Personal TrainerThis is an occupational skills programme which provides 87 credits towards the National Certificate in Fitness (NCIF). The Personal Trainer course is your shortest route to becoming a personal trainer and qualifies you to work internationally. Personal Trainer is a comprehensive qualification in personal training and includes fitness principles, injury prevention and programme design to help your clients safely and effectively reach their fitness goals. Note: If you wish to reach the Diploma in Fitness (NDIF) level in the future then we suggest that you register for the NCIF (or NDIF) which are full National qualifications. The NCIF leads to the NDIF or alternatively you may register for the full NDIF which includes the NCIF modules in part 1. Study Modes Offered:
Essentials of NutritionThis course provides up to date, well researched nutritional information enabling fitness professionals to give appropriate advice to clients. It is also designed to assist individuals interested in achieving their own health, fitness and sporting goals. The Essentials of Nutrition course is designed to lay the foundation for good nutrition, optimal health and prevention of disease through all stages of the life cycle. On completion of the course you should be able to make general recommendations to clients to optimise their health through nutrition. You should also be able to refute any myths and identify risks in clients, altering their behaviour to reduce the risk and prevent progression of disease. *Please note that this course does NOT qualify you to prescribe specific diets or treat nutrition related illnesses such as diabetes, Dyslipidemia (abnormal fat levels), heart disease or eating disorders. This course is ideal for all those with an interest in nutrition, and also for fitness professionals who can provide general advice to clients to help reach their performance targets or protect their health.
Weight Management CoachHFPA’s Weight Management Course is developed by a Registered Dietitian with 15 years experience in private practice! Dietitian Ashleigh Caradas takes you through the science behind weight control. Included:
- Learning how to demystify popular diets
- Tools to help you determine the best diet for your clients needs
- Information about calories and macros and how to distribute these in a meal plan
- Knowledge to motivate clients to change their behaviours and thoughts around food and diets
- A must for fitness professionals to learn how to approach a client that wants to lose weight on an emotional, behavioural and physical level. If you don’t know how to help them cope with it, you could be doing more hurt then harm
- A mini counselling and diet planning course all in one!
- Online lessons and assessments
- Resource videos
- The Skeletal and Muscular System
- The Respiratory and Cardiovascular systems
- Energy Systems
TESTING & PROGRAMMESINCLUDES:
- Screening & Testing
- Muscle Strength, Endurance and Power
- Periodisation and Programming
- Sports Conditioning
- The Fitness Industry
NUTRITION & WEIGHT MANAGEMENTINCLUDES:
- Food groups
- Food labelling
PRACTICAL TRAINING & EXPERIENTIAL LEARNINGINCLUDES:
Comprehensive, hands-on, practical tuition offered nationally from HFPA campuses and support centres
Sports NutritionChapter 1: Energy balance Chapter 2: Digestion, Absorption, Transport & Excretion of nutrients Chapter 3: Macronutrients Chapter 4: Micronutrients Chapter 5: Nutrition through the life cycle Chapter 6: Behaviour Modification Chapter 7: Healthy eating Chapter 8: Weight management Chapter 9: Metabolic syndrome Chapter 10: Food Allergy, Intolerance and sensitivity Chapter 11: Eating disorders
- Guidelines for Healthy eating (including plate model and teaching tools, food labels etc.),
- Healthy eating for Healthy Infants and toddlers,
- Nutrition for Children & Adolescents,
- Nutrition in the Adult years,
- Nutrition in the Elderly and Counselling For Change.
- Male and Female Menopause and anti-aging
Weight Management Coach
- Chapter 1: The Shape I’m in – The Obesity Epidemic
- Chapter 2: Understanding Nutrients – Kilojoules, Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats
- Chapter 3: Big Fat Lies and History of Fad Diets
- Chapter 4: A Brief History of Food, Agriculture and Processing
- Chapter 5: Basic Guidelines for Healthy Weight loss
- Chapter 6: How to Motivate and Change Behaviour
- Chapter 7: Adjuncts to Weight Loss: The Role of Exercise and Supplements
- Chapter 8: The Assessment Process
- Chapter 9: Fast Food Generation
- Chapter 10: The Basics of Designing a Weight Loss Programme
- SAQA Registered Full Qualification
- NQF level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework.
- Recognised and registered with REPSSA (Register of Exercise Professionals South Africa). REPSSA is part of ICREPS (International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals)
- Work as a strength and conditioning coach, personal trainer in health clubs, or in private practice
- Add sports Performance, Wellness Management and Sport Science support to your resume
- Travel the world working on international luxury cruise liners or at holiday clubs
- Continue on to the Advanced Certificate in Exercise Science to grow your expertise and open doors to university level programmes
- Work as a health and fitness blogger, online personal trainer, fitness manager or wellness director
- Open your own business, gym or studio