JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
Offered in cooperation with the American Academy of Health and Fitness, this course provides advanced training for experienced, certified health and fitness professionals who wish to safely and successfully work with youth.
This course includes:
- Workbooks and instructions for online testing:
- Youth Strength Training by Faigenbaum and Westcott
- Athletic Fitness for Kids by Lancaster and Teodorescu
- FUEL for YOUNG ATHLETES by Litt
- Practical recommendations for sensible strength training and healthy eating for ages 7 to 18
- A highly effective plan for enabling young people to increase their health and fitness through well-researched, safe, effective and enjoyable programs of physical conditioning, sport-specific training and nutrition
Shortly after registration with HFPA for a course from the American Academy of Health and Fitness (AAHF) you will receive an email from AAHF notifying you of a new account established for you on the AAHF website. You should follow the instructions in the email and log into that account to find your course materials and online test information. You should also expect other emails from AAHF.
BUY YOUR OWN TEXTBOOK
You provide the three textbooks:
Note: It is a good idea to check the pricing and availability of your textbooks prior to purchasing the CEC programme.
INFORMATION FOR BOOKS THAT ARE NEEDED FOR THIS COURSE
Information for the three textbooks:
Book title: Youth Strength Training
Book title: Athletic Fitness for Kids
Book title: FUEL for YOUNG ATHLETES
This ISBN/barcode number lets you verify that you’re getting exactly the right version or edition of a book.
Successful candidates will receive an American Academy of Health and fitness certificate and 20 CEC points
JrFit™ Youth Fitness Program is the only youth fitness program approved by all major personal training certification organisations.
This course is approved for the following CECs/CEUs:
|ACSM 20.0||BCRPA 20.0||BOC Category A 9.75|
|CPTN 14.0||HFPA 20.0||ISSA 20.0|
|KIPS 2.0||NAFC 2.0||NASM 1.9|
|NETA 20.0||NFPT 2.0||NSCA 2.0|
|PTAG 20.0||WITS 22.0||YMCA 20.0|
The American Academy of Health and Fitness (BOC AP#: P3645) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 13.00 Category A hours/CEUs.
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “American Academy of Health and Fitness” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from December 2017 – December 2020. Providership # 817430
- Expand your range of clients by now catering to the youth
- Consider opening your own youth-targeted business among growing demand
You must hold a personal trainer or exercise science qualification to do this course