Group Exercise Instructor
A grade 11 or NQF3 equivalent is required to do this course
This is a practical, fun and versatile course that will allow you to give group fitness classes in a high-energy atmosphere. It covers the fundamentals of group fitness instruction including exercise and dance moves, music selection, choreography and teaching methods.
Studying personal training is a lot more than just reading the course content! All of our qualifications requires the student to complete a certain amount of hours of shadowing (work integrated learning). Not only is this required to pass the course but will also be of benefit to you as it will help you obtain real world experience before entering the fitness industry. It will also give you in-the-field experience that you won’t get in a classroom and it allows you to explore the industry before committing to it full time.
- Foundational knowledge in anatomy and physiology of exercise training
- Assist fitness participants to successfully implement an exercise programme to music
- Lead participants safely and effectively through a structured choreographed exercise
- Demonstrate the verbal and nonverbal communication skills required to teach exercise
- Demonstrate the ability to utilise various communication and teaching methods
- Present themselves in a professional and confident manner whilst leading an exercise
- Utilise audio equipment with care consideration of the equipment
NQF Level: 4
Course Credits: 15
- Work internationally in a number of sport and fitness environments including health clubs, sport and recreation facilities
- Work in association with a referral team of doctors, physiotherapists, biokineticists, dieticians and sport scientists.
- Start your own fitness business