Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
As a movement professional, it is vital that you have a comprehensive understanding of the biomechanics and anatomy of the human body. However, just knowing the names of muscles and where they are is not sufficient if you teach movement and exercise. You need a deeper understanding of how the muscles relate to one another and how they react on an individual.
Each client can be viewed as a unique puzzle, and through a comprehensive understanding of the anatomy, all the parts of their puzzle will fit together perfectly. You are about to embark on a journey of anatomical discovery, which will enable you to teach with confidence. We are going to jump right back to the basics and start unfolding the amazing world of the human body in movement. Get ready to absorb all that there is to learn about YOUR amazing structure.
- This course is done online at a time convenient for the candidate
- The course is presented via a video so the candidate is able to watch the course and follow the presenter from the manual
- The course is divided into sessions and therefore they can do one session at a time
- The course duration is approximately 5 hours
- At the end of the final session, they are to complete a test at their convenience
- They will also receive the 1-page course summary
- A certificate will be available once they have achieved 70% on the test
- Quick recap on anatomical terminology relating to movement
- Images and information of the skeletal system on the hip, pelvis and spine
- The muscles that affect the pelvis, hip and spine in all their joint movement abilities as well as antagonists
- Conclusion of how these muscles will affect a pelvic tilt
- 3 HPCSA Points
- Teach classes that embrace a better understanding of your client’s bodies as they move
There are no previous qualifications or requiremends needed.
- Computer, Internet, Manual (to be printed off of website), and stationery.