Foundations of Periodization Training – CPRS 8
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 3 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE FULL CPRS CERTIFICATION
This is Course 7 of Pinnacle Training and Consulting Systems’ Certified Post Rehabilitation Specialist (CPRS) courses. You can study this course on its own, or do all 10 courses at a reduced fee.
Fitness Professionals who are certified will be able to position themselves as experts in human movement, showing they have strong understanding of the foundation science, functional assessments and application science as it relates to human movement. They will be able to work with any and all types of clients as well as with physiotherapists to transition clients from physiotherapy to the gym.
Course 8, brought to you in partnership with Pinnacle Training and Consulting Systems, is designed to:
- Differentiate the principles of therapeutic exercise and programme design as it relates to the post rehabilitation client
- Learn the foundation principles of Periodization Training and Programme Design
- Independently execute a sports performance evaluation and the components associated within the assessment
- Differentiate between 15 common sports that include energy systems used, movement analysis, and functional anatomy involved
- Design sample beginner and advanced sport-specific training programmes for common sports such as basketball, soccer and others.
- To design sample micro cycle, mesocycle and macro cycle programmes for 15 common sports
Course 1: 3 REPSSA Endorsed CPD Points
Full CPRS Certification: 30 REPSSA Endorsed CPD Points
- Work with elite athletes to help them improve their performance
- Work in a rehabilitation setting helping clients improve their training or sport
Work in health clubs and wellness facilities
Work alongside physical therapists and physicians transitioning clients from rehab to the gym or home
Chapter 1: Principles of Therapeutic Exercise
Chapter 2: Foundation of Therapeutic Exercise
Chapter 3: Foundation of Program Design and Periodization Training
Chapter 4: Sample Training Programs for Common Sports
Chapter 5: Foundation of Sports-Specific Training
You must hold a personal trainer or exercise science qualification to do this course