JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
Course Overview for the JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
Offered in cooperation with the American Academy of Health and Fitness, this course provides advanced training for experienced, certified health and fitness professionals who wish to safely and successfully work with youth.
This course includes:
- Workbooks and instructions for online testing:
- Youth Strength Training by Faigenbaum and Westcott
- Athletic Fitness for Kids by Lancaster and Teodorescu
- FUEL for YOUNG ATHLETES by Litt
- Practical recommendations for sensible strength training and healthy eating for ages 7 to 18
- A highly effective plan for enabling young people to increase their health and fitness through well-researched, safe, effective and enjoyable programs of physical conditioning, sport-specific training and nutrition
Why you should study this course:
- Gain knowledge of safe and effective training techniques for youth
- Learn to develop safe and effective program prescriptions; correct training techniques and form; and injury prevention for youth
- Identify with what motivates youth and create an age friendly environment
- Learn sports specific training/activities; including power, jumping, striking and endurance
- Gain knowledge of dietary needs for muscle development, weight gain or loss, strength, endurance and sports specific nutrition
Offered at the following campuses:
Career paths you can follow:
Career Opportunities for the JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
- Expand your range of clients by now catering to the youth
- Consider opening your own youth-targeted business among growing demand
Course Material for the JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
Buy your own textbooks– The JrFit Youth Fitness Program™ certificate package includes a workbook and instructions for online testing. The textbooks for the program are Youth Strength Training by Faigenbaum and Westcott; Athletic Fitness for Kids by Lancaster and Teodorescu; and FUEL for YOUNG ATHLETES by Litt (which you purchase separately in your chosen format from Amazon or another bookseller.) Note: The workbook and test instructions for this course are made available for immediate access and download after purchase through AAHF. Nothing is mailed.
Note: It is a good idea to check the pricing and availability of your textbooks prior to purchasing the CEC program.
Due to copyright dates, some of the textbooks for this program are no longer offered through Human Kinetics, but are readily available for purchase through other booksellers such as Amazon. We have searched for replacement titles for these books, but have not found any we like as much as those currently used. Though the copyrights are older, the information presented is still applicable in providing comprehensive guidance for working with this population.
Book title: Youth Strength Training
Book title: Athletic Fitness for Kids
Book title: FUEL for YOUNG ATHLETES
This ISBN/barcode number lets you verify that you’re getting exactly the right version or edition of a book. The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work. Copy either ISBN above and enter into the search function at: https://www.amazon.com/ to find and purchase your book. You can also use this ISBN to search for the textbook from other booksellers.
Once you are prepared to take the test, you go on line to complete the 100-question multiple choice test. Upon passing the test (80% score or better), you will be able to print your certificate which contains the information needed for obtaining CEC credit with your certifying organisation(s).
Accreditations for the JrFit Youth Fitness Programme
Successful candidates will receive an American Academy of Health and fitness certificate and 20 CEC points
JrFit™ Youth Fitness Program is the only youth fitness program approved by all major personal training certification organisations.
This course is approved for the following CECs/CEUs:
|ACSM 20.0||BCRPA 20.0||BOC Category A 9.75|
|CPTN 14.0||HFPA 20.0||ISSA 20.0|
|KIPS 2.0||NAFC 2.0||NASM 1.9|
|NETA 20.0||NFPT 2.0||NSCA 2.0|
|PTAG 20.0||WITS 22.0||YMCA 20.0|
The American Academy of Health and Fitness (BOC AP#: P3645) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Certified Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 13.00 Category A hours/CEUs.
The American College of Sports Medicine’s Professional Education Committee certifies that “American Academy of Health and Fitness” meets the criteria for official ACSM Approved Provider status from December 2017 – December 2020. Providership # 817430
The JrFit Youth Fitness Programme is offered at the following training centres: