Course Overview for the Higher Exercise Science and Nutrition Science
The Online Course in Higher Exercise and Nutrition Science provides you with essential information and insights to exercise physiology, biomechanics, anatomy, motor learning and nutrition as a novice personal trainer. The course covers various aspects of screening of clients, performing strength, flexibility and risk assessments, and developing training programmes that focus on cardio-respiratory, resistance and flexibility training.
You will also gain invaluable knowledge on the personal training environment that can be applied in any practical setting, including behaviour modification, the business of personal training, structure and policy issues, economics and finance management, as well as marketing and professional relations.
You will need a Grade 12 National Senior Certificate. If you do not hold a level 4 NQF you can apply to study our Fitness Instructor NQF 4 Certificate. Successfully completing this will provide you access to our NQF 5 programmes
Why you should study this course:
After completion of this course, you should have a sound and sufficient working knowledge of
- Individual specific fitness, goal setting, management, resistance and good technique
- Sport specific fitness, goal setting, management, resistance and good technique.
- How to apply scientific knowledge to design and implement physical activity programs for both healthy and athletic populations
- How to screen and assess clients
- How to assist clients with stress, nutritional and lifestyle management
- Design and implement exercise and training programs
- Guiding clients in their weight loss goals, and
- Guiding clients in strength and conditioning training