Course Overview for the EMS License Trainer
We offer both Level 1 and Level 2 courses. Level 1 is a pre-requisite to level 2.
EMS is a training technique that applies electric impulses to muscles, making them contract in much the same way they do during exercise (but is gentler on the joints). This versatile qualification done in cooperation with Miha Bodytec and GluckerKolleg is the perfect match for personal trainers and can be a welcome addition to the skill sets of physiotherapists, sport conditioning coaches, aestheticians, and the broader fitness industry. It also unlocks opportunities to work in an EMS studio, or start your own EMS business.
Add Fitness Instructor if you’re looking for a fast-track into a career in fitness, or a bridging qualification into more advanced personal training certifications. This course will equip you with all the skills necessary to meet the duties of a ﬁtness instructor, including assisting clients with proper technique and use of gym equipment and advising on generic exercise programmes.
Why should you study Level 2?
This course is suited to all EMS Trainer LEVEL 1 who want to dive deeper into EMS and specialise in intensive one-on-one training. Participants must have at least 6 months of practical experience as an EMS trainer. The EMS Trainer LEVEL 2 course is designed to build on an existing knowledge base and improve safety when training with EMS customers.
Course content includes:
- Functional training for sports and everyday EMS training
- Adapt training parameters and customise programs
- Plan training sessions using case studies
- Learn manual resistance techniques to increase the intensity and correct movements
- Learn advanced intensification techniques for figure shaping
- Learn spotting techniques for advanced trainers (mental visualisation)
- Effective use of additional devices during EMS training (superimposed EMS)
- Train with children and young people
If you hold a fitness qualification or exercise science qualification you will:
- Receive a certificate of achievement
- Be able to use this qualification to train clients
If you do not hold a fitness qualification or exercise science qualification you will:
- Receive a certificate of attendance
- Not be able to use this qualification to train clients
Why you should study this course:
- Work as an EMS practitioner or incorporate EMS into your existing field
- Become part of the International EMS Licensed Trainer Database and unlock local and global opportunities
- Cater to fitness, sports or recreational clients
- The EMS Trainer LEVEL 2 course is designed to build on an existing knowledge base and improve safety when training with EMS customers