This course is designed to provide clear, simple and accurate facts based on the scientific principles of weight management necessary to promote optimal health and weight-loss for the general population. On completion of the course you will have a strong understanding of weight management principles with a simple skill-set to safely advise clients on healthy weight management.
Provide clear, simple and accurate facts based on the scientific principles of weight management
Promote optimal health and weight loss for the general population
Safely advise clients on healthy weight management
Provide individuals with dietary advice
For personal trainers who often work with clients with weight loss goals
How is this course delivered? (Study mode & duration)
This is an online home-study course that will take between 3-6 months to complete. You will have a designated online tutor who is available to provide further support and assistance. The course includes:
A 124-page downloadable manual
A short multiple-choice quiz for each chapter to aid your learning while working through the manual
An online multiple choice questionnaire encompassing all chapters
A case study that will be assessed by your tutor
What are the contents of this course? (Modules & chapters)
- The shape I’m in: causes of weight gain including medical conditions
- The dangers of obesity
- Big fat lies: fad diets and a brief history of dieting and types of diets on the market
- The story with protein: why we need it and its role in weight loss and gain
- Against the grain: carbohydrates, why we need them, sources, glycemic index, fibre, low carb diets
- All about fats: types, good and bad fat
- Calories and weight loss: how to calculate requirements, empty versus good calories
- Beverages: how and what to drink and what not to drink
- How to design an eating plan for specific body types and activity levels
- Shopping tips and tricks
- In the kitchen: healthy cooking methods
- Cheating and treats and how to incorporate these into a healthy eating plan
- Recipes and eating plan examples
Do I need any previous qualifications to enrol in this course? (prerequisites)
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
What job opportunities are available once I have completed the course? (Career paths & scope of practice)
Writing diet plans is beyond the scope of personal trainers and some other fitness professionals. In order to prescribe dietary programmes you are required to hold a bachelors degree in Dietetics. However, with this certification you will be able to provide individuals with dietary advice and help clients make informed decisions relating to their dietary choices.
This course is an excellent tool for personal trainers who often work with clients with weight loss goals. It is also ideal for individuals who are interested in maintaining and reaching their own weight-loss goals.
How will I be recognised upon completion of this course? (Accreditation & certification)
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded 20 REPS CPD points and will receive an HFPA Weight Management Coach certificate of achievement.
How to Register for this Course
Thank you for choosing to do our Weight Management Coach course! Please refer to the below steps to guide you through the registration process.
- Click ‘Register for course’.
- Then click ‘View cart’.
- You will be redirected to our secure payment gateway where you will be required to ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’.
This payment option will require you to pay immediately via credit card or instant EFT through PayFast’s secure payment gateway. Upon successful payment you will receive a confirmation email with a link requesting you to complete your registration.
This payment option will require you to make an EFT in to our bank account using your Order ID + Initial & Surname as a reference number. Upon placing the order you will receive an email detailing the payment instructions, together with a link requesting you to complete your registration.