Indoor cycling (commonly known as spinning) is a group exercise class that takes place on a stationary indoor bike and focuses on endurance, strength, interval and high intensity training, as well as cycling race simulations and recovery. It is becoming increasingly popular as a preferred method of training and the demand for spinning instructors, as a result, is very high.
This course provides you with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to become an indoor cycling instructor to work independently or at commercial gyms and studios. You will learn how to design various cycling profiles used to simulate terrains and situations in actual bicycle rides. Additionally, you will learn to appropriately use music to create a vibrant training environment that will make your clients want to come back for more!
Learn how to design various cycling profiles used to simulate terrains and situations in actual bicycle rides
Deliver vibrant indoor cycle classes that will keep your clients coming back for more
- Works as an independent indoor cycle instructor or for commercial gyms and studios
- Enhance your expertise, scope of practice and earning potential as a fitness professional
Part-time short course
How is this course delivered? (Study mode & duration)
This is an attended short course. Lectures take place over 2 half days on a weekend and a practical exam is taken the following weekend. You are required to also log 15 hours in which you attend indoor cycling classes.
What are the contents of this course? (Modules & chapters)
- Introduction to indoor cycling
- Benefits of indoor cycling
- Training principles and indoor cycling
- The physiology of cycling
- The stationary bike
- The biomechanics of cycling
- The core and cycling
- Types of aerobic endurance workouts
- Cycling profiles and body positions
- Music selection
- Class design
- Coaching Skills
- General guidelines for management of injuries
Do I need any previous qualifications to enroll in this course? (Entry requirements)
You need to have an understanding of exercise programme design prior to attending this course, therefore a minimum qualification in personal training, fitness instruction or group fitness is required.
How will I be recognised upon completion of this course? (Accreditation & certification)
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded 8 REPS CPD points and will receive an HFPA certificate of achievement.
How to Register for this Course
Thank you for choosing to do our Studio Cycle course! Please refer to the below steps to guide you through the registration process.
- Select to pay the full fee (including or excluding Introduction to Exercise Science) or the course booking fee below and click ‘Register for course’.
- Then click ‘View cart’.
- You will be redirected to our secure payment gateway where you will be required to ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’.
This payment option will require you to pay immediately via credit card or instant EFT through PayFast’s secure payment gateway. Upon successful payment you will receive a confirmation email with a link requesting you to complete your registration.
This payment option will require you to make an EFT in to our bank account using your Order ID + Initial & Surname as a reference number. Upon placing the order you will receive an email detailing the payment instructions, together with a link requesting you to complete your registration.