Many fitness professionals lose clients due to injury as they lack the knowledge, confidence and ability to identify possible predispositions to injury and the skills to develop programmes that aid in injury prevention. But this can be avoided through proper programme administration and training techniques. This course will improve your knowledge of common injuries, teaching you about the effects of muscle imbalances and how to identify them through functional testing, as well as how to design programmes to prevent them from developing and who to refer clients to when injuries persist.
- Develop the knowledge, confidence and ability to identify possible predispositions to injury
- Gain skills to design training programmes that aid in injury prevention
Enhance your expertise and develop a unique skill-set in the fitness industry
Perform functional tests to identify muscle imbalances and design programmes to aid in injury prevention
Increase your client base and earning potential as an injury prevention specialist
How is this course delivered? (Study mode & duration)
This is a home-study online course with a 6 month completion period. You will receive a designated online tutor who will provide support and assistance throughout your studies.
The course includes:
An in-depth, 150-page manual in downloadable pdf format
4 Online multiple choice questionnaires with immediate feedback
1 Open-ended questionnaire to be marked by your online tutor
Attendance of 1 aqua aerobics class at your local gym with reflective questions to follow
1 Case study to be marked by your online tutor
What are the contents of this course (Modules & chapters)?
- The sports medicine team (Understand the difference between various practitioners and their roles in injury management)
- Anatomy Recap (Recap your knowledge of anatomical systems and ensure a solid knowledge base from which to progress)
- General Principles of Injuries (Injury mechanisms, symptoms and treatments)
- The Healing Process (Understand the rehabilitation process)
- Types of Injuries
- Posture Assessment & Evaluation
- Common Upper Body Injuries
- Common Lower Body Injuries
- Psychological Considerations
- Aqua Programmes
- Functional Assessments
- Exercise Examples for Injury Prevention
Do I need any previous qualifications to enroll in this course? (Entry requirements)
In order to enroll in this course you must hold a personal trainer or exercise science qualification.
How will I be recognised upon completion of this course? (Accreditation & certification)
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded 20 REPS CPD points and will receive an HFPA certificate of achievement.
How to Register for this Course
Thank you for choosing to do our Injury Prevention Specialist course! Please refer to the below steps to guide you through the registration process.
- Click ‘Register for course’.
- Then click ‘View cart’.
- You will be redirected to our secure payment gateway where you will be required to ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’.
This payment option will require you to pay immediately via credit card or instant EFT through PayFast’s secure payment gateway. Upon successful payment you will receive a confirmation email with a link requesting you to complete your registration.
This payment option will require you to make an EFT in to our bank account using your Order ID + Initial & Surname as a reference number. Upon placing the order you will receive an email detailing the payment instructions, together with a link requesting you to complete your registration.