This course aims at teaching you the science behind sports coaching. It will provide you with knowledge of the physical, psychological and logistical demands experienced by sports coaches and equip you with the practical skills to design and develop coaching programmes according to the level and needs of the individual or team (school level, tertiary level, club level, professional level).
Teaches you the science behind sports coaching
Learn to design and develop programmes to meet individual coaching requirements
Undertake roles in the field of performance coaching at an amateur or professional level and for teams or individuals
How is this course delivered? (Study mode & duration)
This is an online home-study course that must be completed within 3-6 months. You will receive a hard-copy manual and be assigned a designated online tutor to provide additional assistance and support if required. Assignments can be submitted via our online learning platform (OLP).
What are the contents of this course? (Modules & chapters)
- Principles of physical activity
- Principles of growth and development
- Planning and implementing practice sessions
- Teaching sports skills
- Designing and implementing conditioning programmes for coaches
- Organisation and administration within coaching
- Logistics of touring teams
- Communication and teaching skills
- Stress management
- Sport psychology in coaching
- Sport, recreation and fitness for people living with HIV
Do I need any previous qualifications to enroll in this course? (Entry requirements)
In order to enroll in this course you must hold a personal training or exercise science qualification.
How will I be recognised upon completion of this course? (Accreditation & certification)
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded 20 REPS CPD points and will receive an HFPA Coaching Science certificate of achievement.
How to Register for this Course
Thank you for choosing to do our Coaching Science course! Please refer to the below steps to guide you through the registration process.
- Select to pay the full fee or the booking fee below and click ‘Register for course’.
- Then click ‘View cart’.
- You will be redirected to our secure payment gateway where you will be required to ‘pay now’ or ‘pay later’.
This payment option will require you to pay immediately via credit card or instant EFT through PayFast’s secure payment gateway. Upon successful payment you will receive a confirmation email with a link requesting you to complete your registration.
This payment option will require you to make an EFT in to our bank account using your Order ID + Initial & Surname as a reference number. Upon placing the order you will receive an email detailing the payment instructions, together with a link requesting you to complete your registration.