Course Overview for the Personal Trainer (+ Sports Nutrition)
- The Personal Trainer Certificate is an Occupational Qualification which allows you to work internationally as a Personal Trainer
- Offer one-on-one fitness instruction to individuals and small groups
- Work in a variety of fitness environments which include Health Clubs, Sport & Recreation Centres, Cruise Liners, International Holiday Clubs and Spas
MODES OF DELIVERY
Online (Start anytime with the support of an online tutor)
- Students are invited to attend an Orientation Workshop which are offered throughout the year from all HFPA campuses and support centres
Includes Sports Nutrition free!
The correct eating regimen can go a long way to enhance a physical training programme and help towards improving overall sports performance. This course has been designed to provide fitness professionals with a basic understanding of sports nutrition concepts. It explores the energy needs for various athletes, looks at pre-event nutrition, nutrition for recovery, key vitamins and minerals for athletes and popular dietary supplements.
*Note: While this course lays the foundation for useful advice, it does not allow you to prescribe diet plans or practice as a dietician.
Why you should study this course:
- An internationally portable fitness qualification
- Great for career changers
- Allows you to work with individuals or small groups
- Designed to provide fitness professionals with a basic understanding of sports nutrition concepts
- Includes a special section on supplements
- Useful for your own personal use, and to provide advice for others as a fitness or health professional